Wednesday, September 21, 2011

October Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten Free: Spiced Desserts





 Welcome everyone to October's theme for "Go ahead honey, it's gluten free!"  If you're not familiar, this wonderful blogging event was created by the lovely Naomi at Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried.  This is my second time hosting, and I am honored to participate again, not only as a contributor!

So- for October's theme I decided to go with "Spiced Desserts".  What does this mean?? Well with the coming of fall, we tend to crave more soothing and aromatic foods to warm us, so I thought I would choose something along those lines... I also love using spices in everything, so why not desserts?? :) So many spices can have healing attributes as well, so why not give your dessert a healthy boost?? So go ahead and branch out - I can't wait to see what people come up with - and yes, beverages are okay for desserts as well (see a great example below).



Here are a few examples in case you're looking for inspiration or scratching your head thinking I'm crazy:

Here is one of my own:
 
Cardamom Rosewater Tarts












And some others from fellow bloggers:
Spiced Vegan Chai Cocoa
Mesquite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caramel & Indian Spice Poached Pears with Honeyed-Crème Fraiche & Honey Roasted Almonds
Chocolate Chili Truffles

Want to join in? Here's how:

  • Come up with a recipe for a gluten-free spiced dessert. Post your recipe by October 26th, linking back to this post. Send me an e-mail with the link to your post and a photo of the recipe and the subject of "Go Ahead Honey"
  • If you don't have a blog, just e-mail me your recipe and a photo, and I'll add it to the round up of recipes at the end of the month.
  • Submissions should be sent to me at [nooshins at gmail dot com] by October 26th for a round up of all the recipes at the end of the month.
  • Please be sure to let me know if you have any questions – feel free to email me or you can ask them in the comments section of this post.


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. These sound so good!! There is so many yummy desserts here in Paris (where I'm living for a year) but they don't have too many gluten free options! If you're curious, feel free to browse my blog! I don't know if you'll find anything as yummy, but I can try! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, thanks for stopping by! I can imagine it is hard to resist the amazing desserts there, but hope you're enjoying your time there and everything else Paris has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. I'm a big fan of nutmeg and cinnamon in desserts, so hope I can come up with something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made GF Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - the perfect fall twist on a favorite cookie!

    http://asgoodasgluten.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-snickerdoodles.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This summer has been so busy that I keep missing the GAHIGF. But not this time.. (I hope!)... Love the theme - definitely very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for letting me know about the event! i couldn't find an email address anywhere, but feel free to use a photo from my post. I updated it to link back to this event :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - I have my submission ready to send to you, but cannot for the life of me find an email address anywhere. I sent it to Naomi (Straight into Bed CakeFree and Dried) in hopes that she can forward it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just realized I can also leave you the link here as my submission: http://www.citylifeeats.com/2011/10/rustic-cranberry-pumpkin-spice-biscotti.html (I just saw someone did that above). Let me know where I can send you the picture or if you prefer to download it from my blog. THank you :) Loved the theme this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks ladies! (the address is under the 3rd bullet :))
    you can send it to nooshins@gmail.com
    but i'll grab it off your site.

    ReplyDelete